|Job Reference|| BRO/TSS/SZ/MAY/22|
|Salary|| Negotiable dependent on level of experience|
|Working Hours|| Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)|
|Contract|| Permanent |
|Location ||Brompton Technology Shenzhen Representative office, 902 Yue Mei Te Building, No.1, Gao Xin South Seventh Road, High-tech Industrial Park, Yuehai Street, Nanshan District, Shenzhen (The post holder may be required to work at other locations, at the discretion of their line manager.) |
Brompton Technology is a specialist manufacturer of video processing products for live events. Our Tessera system is the industry-leading processing solution for LED video walls, used for high-profile events ranging from the Academy Awards to tours by bands like U2 and Ed Sheeran.
Our company is close-knit and highly-motivated with a keen interest in the products it creates. You should be similarly interested in the work involved, and be able to adapt to changing priorities as we bring original and ground-breaking products to market. The company's close ties to the entertainment industry bring a variety of benefits and we offer a very friendly, flexible and supportive working environment.
Brompton Technology has a great opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist.
The role is primarily customer-facing so you should have confident communication skills and enjoy working with people. Your verbal and written communication skills will need to be excellent in Chinese Mandarin; Your English level shall at least be of working proficiency and able to understand and communicate any technical details to others.
Strong electronic and IT-based technical skills are essential, and ideally experience helping to solve problems over the telephone, via communication apps or in written messages. You will need to stay calm and positive under pressure, as our customers work on the world's largest and most high-profile shows.
The successful applicant will be part of a close-knit team in Shenzhen China, and connect closely to our team in London, getting to know Brompton products, personnel, and company culture. Going forward in the post-Covid world, periodic visits to our London headquarters are also expected, to stay current with the latest developments. Frequent travels throughout China and beyond will be a feature of this position.
The requirements of this role include visiting customer and end-user premises to provide on-site support such as resolving technical issues and leading product/feature demonstrations. This role will also coordinate with the local and the wider international support teams to handle issues such as RMAs and other daily admin duties.
Training on Brompton products will be provided, but a strong underlying technical understanding is necessary. Experience in a technical role within the audio/video industry is ideal but not essential, particularly if you have a keen amateur interest in the field of audio/video.
- Responding to technical support enquiries for Brompton products and features via phone, messaging apps or email
- Managing RMA product returns, generating reports, and coordinating return shipping
- Assisting customers with system designs and configuration for specific projects
- Testing of new products prior to release, and providing feedback and support to the development team
- Onsite support for major projects worldwide, including out of hours support
- Demonstrating products and providing feature trainings to existing and potential customers, and occasionally acting in a technical sales capacity
- Assistance with preparation, build-up and break-down at key industry events and tradeshows worldwide
Essential Skills and Qualifications
We are interested in hearing from you if you have a genuine aptitude and passion for this field of work. If you can demonstrate to us why you could do particularly well in this role, even you do not meet every item listed, please do get in touch.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and the tenacity to work through complex challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Chinese Mandarin
- English level shall at least be of working proficiency
- Thrive on interacting with people and working together to find solutions
- A basic understanding of electronics and electrical theory
- Good IT skills and a level of comfort working with both Windows and OSX systems
- The ability to prioritise appropriately when balancing multiple tasks
- Excellent time management
- The capacity to remain calm when working under pressure
- A commitment to maintaining consistently high quality outcomes
- The flexibility to work in different locations and sometimes to different time zone hours
- A valid passport and a willingness to travel
- Experience in an equivalent technical support role
- Experience working or assisting in a live production environment
- Experience of working with video equipment, particularly LED panels and digital content
- Experience of creating technical documentation (technical bulletins, how-to guides etc)
- A working knowledge of CAD or drawing applications
- Written or verbal ability in Cantonese
- Written or verbal ability in foreign languages
- A qualification in electronics, IT, or a related scientific field