Job reference CAR/MM/MAR23
Salary Competitive based on experience
Working hours Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Contract type Permanent
Location Carallon Offices, Gunnersbury, London, W4 (The post holder may be required to work at other locations, at the discretion of their line manager.)
Carallon is a product research and development company creating industry-leading award-winning products. Based in London, we are specialists in industrial hardware and software design for the entertainment industry; encompassing lighting control, LED video processing and motion control.
Our products are used all over the world for high profile installations and events; the London Eye, the Academy Awards, the U2 world tour, and Madame Tussauds to name a few.
Projects our team develops and manufactures for include:
- The Pharos Architectural Control range of lighting control products used in theme parks and architectural installations worldwide
- The Martin Professional P3 LED Video Wall processors
- The industry-leading Brompton Technology control and processing solution for video walls used in concerts, award shows and television.
We divide our time between contracting work and developing our own products in-house for distribution to a huge international client base.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the production of a division of products within Carallon’s Manufacturing operation, where the production process involves mechanical assembly, testing, and quality control. This position is ideally suited to those with prior experience of running a final assembly electro-mechanical production environment, though specific training on internal systems and processes will be provided.
Carallon’s Manufacturing team has an excellent culture of continuous improvement, learning and mutual support. Additionally, they are highly skilled in the products and processes involved in their work. We are committed to protecting the positive ethos of the team, by ensuring that those in leadership positions are able to model the core values of the company: flexible, supportive, innovative and high quality.
Candidates should be able to manage their own workload, time and line manage others. The successful candidate will have individual responsibility for day to day operation of production from the smooth operation of goods-in and incoming parts quality, to scheduling a team to delivery of finished goods, working autonomously and responding flexibly to the changing needs of the business. Our Manufacturing team is close knit and highly motivated, with a keen interest in the products it creates. Candidates should be similarly interested in the work involved and be able to adapt to changing priorities as we bring original and ground-breaking products to market.
The company’s close ties to the entertainment industry bring a variety of benefits and we offer a very friendly, flexible and supportive working environment.
- Supervise a team delivering one of Carallon’s controller product ranges
- Attend regular Manufacturing Management, Parts and Supply, R&D and Scheduling meetings
- Schedule a Production Team involving line managing several members
- Work with Senior Manufacturing Engineers to ensure Documentation for Production Processes is kept accurate and up-to-date
- Overseeing and resolving quality issues with suppliers demanding corrective action
- Overseeing and resolving tools/process improvements with internal R&D team
- Feedback on delivery schedule to Operations teams
- Ensure Health and Safety, Staff Training and Equipment Maintenance is all in good order
- Respond to Customer queries on schedule or quality
- Plan with Director of Manufacturing, R&D and Senior Engineers for New Product Introduction
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, engineering or business as well as a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant manufacturing sector
- At least 2 years’ experience of Line Management of a team around a production environment
- Experience managing time effectively, prioritising conflicting tasks as appropriate, both for yourself and those you manage
- Proficient in using ERP/MRP systems
- Strong communication, organisational and empathic people skills
- Operate on strategic levels whilst also being prepared to understand the practicalities of tasks involved
- Able to act as a conduit of information, between different teams and levels of seniority, to ensure that each team-member understands their own priorities and how they connect to the company’s strategic goals
- Be able to follow design guidelines, instructions and mechanical drawings, as well as maintain such documents for new products
- Understanding of the implications of Compliance and relevant standards to production such as standard UL 62368-1
- Be confident taking responsibility for the consistent quality of products manufactured
- Demonstrate a good understanding of electronics and experience of its practical applications
- Understand product test cycles and be able to balance workload and provide flexibility to meet changing priorities based on incoming orders
- Excellent written communication, able to produce regular reports and updates adjusted for the a range of different audiences, as well as create and update company documentation
- Able to represent the Director of Manufacturing from time to time at key meetings
- Experience of running the production of Electro-Mechanical products
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Supplier Auditing experience
- ISO 9001 experience
- Continual Improvement process experience for example meeting 8D requirements of customers
- Ability to communicate effectively technical and non-technical information, both in writing and verbally
- Be able to balance multiple priorities, and demonstrate excellent time management
- Ability to enjoy contributing to a positive culture, building positive relationships with all types of personalities and bringing the best out of a dedicated team
- Interest in, and knowledge of, video or lighting for live entertainment