Job Reference CAR/BRQA/JAN24
Working Hours Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Contract Type Permanent
Location Carallon Offices, Chiswick, London W4
Are you interested in new display technologies, video systems and the engineering that goes into them? Do you have an interest or experience in manual and automated testing of hardware and software? Do you want to work within an award-winning team of engineers working on the latest entertainment industry technologies? Then we would like to hear from you!
Carallon is a product research and development company creating industry-leading award-winning products with a clear focus on quality and reliability. Based in London, we specialise in industrial hardware, software design, quality assurance and manufacturing for the entertainment industry, encompassing lighting control, LED video processing and motion control.
We are wholly employee-owned, and a certified B Corp. Working with us means working within a culture that values innovation, quality and flexibility.
Projects our teams design, engineer, test and manufacture include:
- The Pharos Architectural Control range of lighting control products used in theme parks and architectural installations worldwide.
- The Martin Professional P3 LED Video Wall processors
- The industry-leading Brompton Technology control and processing solution for video walls used in concerts, award shows, films and television.
We divide our time between contracting work and developing our own products in-house for distribution to a huge international client base.
About the Role
We are expanding the software Quality Assurance team working on the award-winning range of Brompton Technology LED processors. This new role is an opportunity to work within a cross-disciplinary team, comprising software, embedded software, hardware and third-party integrations.
The Associate QA Engineer will communicate directly with developers in software, FPGA and Hardware, to collaborate to resolve bugs and to enable investigations. They will contribute to the client-facing elements of the business, through connection with teams in Technical Support and Field Applications Engineering. This will enable a broad understanding of issues arising in the field, and a depth of knowledge about our products, to support the triage and resolution of issues.
This role will involve an enthusiasm for learning new technologies and you should be ready to engage proactively working with the engineering teams, working collaboratively to identify and improve product testing and sustain confidence in the quality of our products. Alongside excellent technical skills and a commitment to high quality, you will need strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with others to achieve shared goals.
The core responsibilities will include:
- Creating, reviewing, and executing test suites for manual and automated testing on hardware, software and embedded software.
- Troubleshooting and investigating complex issues, from both an engineering and customer facing perspective.
- Logging, updating and reviewing bug tickets.
- Actively learning to support your understanding of new technologies and enabling the creation of new testing methods.
Due to the nature of the technology and the size of the equipment required, this role is principally based within our offices in West London. It may be possible to offer a limited amount of hybrid working after achieving full familiarity with our products, but an office presence will continue to be required for the majority of each week. Flexible working hours to assist with travel are available.
You are inquisitive and passionate about the entertainment technology industries, with a degree or equivalent hands-on experience in a related field such as Media Technology, Broadcast Engineering, Audio Engineering or similar.
You have a reputation for attention to detail and taking a methodical approach; this is paired with strong troubleshooting skills and a willingness to get into the details of an issue or to repeat testing when needed, in order to have the utmost confidence in the product.
Computers, Software and their different connections and uses are something you enjoy exploring, with an ability to learn new tools quickly and to find new tools where needed. You have played with a high-level programming language such as Python or Java and have some understanding of how the technology works.
You thrive when working alongside creative and talented engineers, and you demonstrate perseverance through challenges, with a positive analytical attitude to learning from failure to achieve success.
Our employee benefits are available to view on our website and include: health insurance, Employee Ownership culture and bonus scheme, flexible working hours, pension, in-house training and development, and holiday which increases with length of service.
Desired Skills, Experience and Attributes
- 6 months+ of experience in creating, reviewing, and executing test plans for manual and automated testing on hardware, software and embedded software.
- 6 months+ of experience troubleshooting and investigating complex issues, from both an engineering and customer facing perspective.
- Familiarity with logging, updating and reviewing bug tickets.
- Demonstrable commitment to learning new technologies and new testing methods.
- 6 months+ of experience working across teams and disciplines
- 6 months+ of experience prioritising issues and exploring solutions
- Degree or equivalent in subjects such as Media Technology, Broadcast Engineering, Audio Engineering or similar
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Perseverance and commitment to repeat tests or processes as needed to achieve a high quality result
- Genuine interest in computers, software and technology
- Familiarity with a range of high level computing languages and tools, and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Analytical and reflective approach to learning from failure to achieve success
For any queries about this vacancy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference CAR/BRQA/JAN24. Please do not use this address to submit applications.