| Job Reference||CAR/GSD/2018/01|
| Salary||Recent graduates: £29,000 plus opportunity for performance bonuses. With work experience: dependent on level of experience |
| Working Hours||Full-time (37.5 hours/week) |
| Contract Type||Permanent |
Carallon offices, Ealing Broadway, London W5 (The post holder may be required to work at other locations, at the discretion of their line manager.) We are currently operating on a partial remote working basis.
Please note that we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this graduate level post. You must have the right to live and work in the UK before applying for this role.
Carallon is a product research and development company creating industry-leading award-winning products. Based in London, we specialise in industrial hardware and software design for the entertainment industry; encompassing lighting control, LED video processing and motion control.
Projects our team designs and manufactures for include:
- The Pharos Architectural Control range of lighting control products used in theme parks and architectural installations worldwide
- The Martin Professional P3 LED Video Wall processors
- The industry-leading Brompton Technology control and processing solution for video walls used in concerts, award shows and television.
We divide our time between contracting work and developing our own products in-house for distribution to a huge international client base.
As of 2020, Carallon is now owned by an Employee Ownership Trust. As a result, staff can enjoy additional rights and benefits, including an employee council and an annual tax-free bonus scheme (dependent on company performance).
The Associate Software Developer position is within our development team, which works concurrently on a variety of exciting, cutting-edge projects. Our R&D team operates across the full technology stack from electronics, FPGA and BSP work through to real-time, large-scale, networked application design covering both backend and UI design. We offer a very friendly, flexible and supportive working environment, with an internal professional development programme and regular training.
Along with project and line managers, the Associate Software Developer will be assigned a technical mentor for one-on-one help and support. Our development team is close-knit and highly motivated with a keen interest in the products it creates. A successful candidate should be similarly minded to work in the driven, focused environment required to bring original and ground-breaking products to market.
Programming is mainly in C++ using the Qt framework on multiple platforms, and training will be provided where necessary. We are also making increasing use of Python as a secondary support language for scripting, build tools and automation.
- Working on new product features
- Maintaining and bug fixing existing code
- Developing coding and architecture skills
- Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Mathematics degree undergraduate degree, 2:1 or
above, or relevant professional experience
- An interest in computing and technical subjects, and an ability to learn independently with guidance
- Analytical skills, including the ability to understand and reason about complex information from a
variety of sources
- Evidence of the ability to work as part of a team, sharing skills, experience and interests with
- Ability to work independently under the guidance of a senior engineer, taking individual
responsibility for work
- Familiarity with Windows
- Interest in, and knowledge of, video or lighting for live entertainment
- Experience with C++ programming and/or object-oriented design
- Experience with Qt framework
- Evidence of independent programming or similar projects and interests
- Demonstrable experience with any of the following skill areas:
- TCP/IP-based networking
- Realtime control systems
- Graphical user interfaces on desktops, tablets or smartphones
- Git and Gerrit version control and code review tools
- Linux/Mac OSX operating systems
- Python programming
For any queries about this vacancy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 2021GSD. Please do not use this address to submit applications.